Wednesday 13 June 2012

I want to introduce myself. I'm Isabelle (as uncomfortable as I am with the name).

I've put off creating one of these things because I was and am still terrified what it will lead to - with the intention of writing, of pressuring myself to write; will I write too much or too little? Will I improve, or will I stagnate? Both are equally likely and equally detestable. The narrow margin of just enough, just good enough, is almost unattainable.

A word about the name, which seems more important to me than it will, surely, seem to anyone else. Although it is slightly obsessive, Asche is a character that really drives me, that has pushed me to think a lot about my own absurdist philosophies and well-intentioned nihilism. (what. what. somebody stop me)
I haven't felt so enthusiastic about something like this in a long time and it has allowed me to get back into research, writing, and connection to people - I've made new friends and consolidated others - and I hope it leads also to a development of my acting 'skills'. Asche feeds me, because zie is so alien. Zie can look/be anything I want, and yet at hir core are my own philosophies taken to extremes and made physical. I'd write more, but I'd give the game away.

This is doomed to failure, but that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment